Horrible Customer Service!

LidoGirl's review of Alight Plus Size Clothing - www.alight.com

“Horrible Customer Service!”

Written on: 26/02/2013 by LidoGirl (1 review written)

My sister and I ordered two dresses from Alight through OneStopPlus. The dresses arrived (to be worn as bridesmaid dresses), however we didn't like the garments - they were very thin and seemed cheaply made. Plus, they didn't fit correctly and were way too revealing.

Anyway, I returned the dresses via UPS and tracked the package. I paid for the UPS shipping. I received a confirmation email from UPS that the package had arrived at their wearhouse in St. Louis and the package had been signed for by Keller on the dock.

I waited a couple of days and called Alight directly to make sure my refund was in process. I was told by this very rude woman that they didn't have my return. I explained that I had sent it UPS and had proof it had been signed for. She then offered the excuse that, "In case you didn't know, that area is in the middle of a snowstorm". Uhh...okay. The package was still delivered and someone was there to sign for it. What does the snowstorm have to do with anything?

Anyway, she told me she'd call me back. She called me back a few hours later and said that due to the snowstorm she couldn't find any information on my return and that someone would call me Monday, February 25th. No one called yesterday so I attempted to reach Alight through their chat service via the web.

[name removed] was the customer service rep and was unresponsive and incredibly slow. I ended up closing the chat with her due to lack of response and called Alight directly. The rude woman that answered the phone answered it with a harsh, "Alight!". Uhhh...okay. I explained why I was calling and my name and she says, "Sorry!". That's it. Just "Sorry!". So after a second, I asked what that meant. Sorry for what? She then said, "What are you calling about?" Oh good grief. Who are these people?!

So I explained it AGAIN and she did some "checking" and told me the return had been processed for a refund. I asked her when I could expect the refund and she said, "I don't know. Call OneStopPlus." I said to her, but I returned the items to you for a refund from you. She tells me that they refunded the money to OneStopPlus and that I should contact them.

Soooo....I called OneStopPlus and the customer service rep there did some research and advised that they hadn't received the refund from Alight yet, I had been misnformed. The OneStopPlus rep told me that I should wait six weeks for my refund. SIX WEEKS?!?!

The weird thing is...my credit card was charged by Alight...not OneStopPlus...so why would the refund be coming from OneStopPlus?

I will NEVER purchase anything EVER AGAIN from Alight. The person they have at the front desk sounds like a Longshoreman. Very abrupt and rude and is totally lacking in any grace or customer service skill.

If I don't receive my refund within the next couple of days I'm just going to dispute the charges with my credit card company. This entire experience has been exhausting and completely frustrating.

• Dresses

Alight's Response to LidoGirl's Review

Written on: 09/08/2013

I am sorry to learn that your experience with alight.com was not as you expected. We work very hard to satisfy our customers. 2013 marks our 14th year of servicing customers worldwide. Your order was placed through one stop plus. The charge was through them. We did the shipping for the item you purchased. Your refund was processed through one stop plus. Your return was processed on a timely basis. The snowstorm did cause a delay.

Flowersarebeautiful's Response to LidoGirl's Review

Written on: 10/08/2013

They also had a store at 998 Old Ct. Rd Plainview NY which has closed. There is a reason why they have closed. It is due to their unethical business practices