Delivery of an incorrect item

Hastings246's review of ASOS - www.asos.com

“Delivery of an incorrect item”

Written on: 17/08/2014 by Hastings246 (1 review written)

I ordered a bikini costing in excess of £60. I was sent an incorrect item which I returned immediately. Then I was sent the incorrect item again! I then started the process of having to contact this company by email. This was a nightmare. They didn't reply and when , over a week later, they did, they said the email I sent was placed in an outbox which they couldn't access so I was redirected to the general 'help' page. This was not appropriate fir the problems I was experiencing.
I then began the process of trying to speak to someone on the phone. Again, a nightmare. On hold for over an hour twice. I eventually spoke to someone on a Sunday morning. He could not trace my item that I'd returned and would not issue me a refund. So, now I have no bikini and I am owed £62. They wouldn't send me an alternative item as they said this wasn't an option.
After reading other reviews of this company, it seems hundreds of people have experienced the same poor service as me. Customers have even been told the same as me, therefore they obviously have very standard replies they give to disgruntled customers.
Do not touch this company with a barge pole!

• poor

• Still waiting

Visit asos.com

Asos.com's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2014

Hey, I'm so sorry to hear that we sent your the wrong item by mistake and that this has not yet been resolved This isn't the level of service we should be offering and I am really keen to get this sorted and make it up to you. Please pop your order number and email address over to us in a private message on our Facebook page or tweet us and we'll get right on it. Thanks and sorry again. ASOS Sarah

Asos.com's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2014

Hey, really sorry to hear about the hassle you’ve had ordering a bikini. This isn’t how we like to treat our customers and isn’t our usual standard of care, if you head over to @ASOS_HeretoHelp, we’ll be able to make sure your refund has been processed and hopefully get this sorted for you. ASOS Gayle

asos.com