Horrible customer service & refund/exchange policy

Guest's review of ASOS - www.asos.com

“Horrible customer service & refund/exchange policy”

Written on: 19/02/2014

My only wish is that I have read those reviews before I spend my money on ASOS, here is my story:

I made my first purchase couple weeks ago for an order over $150 with a $25 off coupon. Turns out the pant ($53.71) won’t fit me, since they do not offer exchange in the US, I have to return it and make another purchase separately.

ASOS received my return merchandise but ONLY credit me $28.71 back because they auto-deducted the $25 coupon that I used for my first order even though it is technically an exchange, not a refund.

I decided to email the customer service at ASOS since there is no phone number you can call from US. After couple of days waiting, I contacted them via facebook. A rep emailed me back but insist there will be no refund on $25 because they do not offer exchanges outside the UK therefore all returns will be treated as refund MINUS the coupon if the new total does not qualify the original offer (even though my second replacement order actually is more than the first order without using any coupons).

IN SHORT, I LOST $25 FOR SOMETHING DOESN’T FIT ME RIGHT.

It’s an extremely unfair situation and bad business practice. They rather lose a forever customer than credit me back $25, no wonder they’ve earned so many bad reviews already.

Buyer Beware!

• Goods purchased & cost

• A few weeks late

Visit asos.com

Written on: 20/02/2014

Hey, I'm sorry to hear of your trouble with your return. If you originally used a "spend and save" code, your order total must be over that amount for the code to work. As you returned one of the items, this would have taken the total to below the minimum spend of the code, meaning the order would no longer qualify to use that code. This also means that the discount will be deducted off of the item you returned. You haven't lost out on $25, as this was paid for with the code rather than you actually paying for the item. I'm sorry that this has caused you disappointment but I hope this has made this clearer for you, if you ever use a "spend and save" code in the future. ASOS Chantelle

Written on: 20/02/2014

I understand the policy IF that is an actual return. Have you read my previous post? It is an EXCHANGE, not a RETURN, especially since my second exchange order is way over $150, that should qualify me to obtain the original coupon. It’s 21 century, you don’t treat your customer like that. There are many other places I can shop for without having this kind of headache.

Hey Clstudio,

We understand your frustration, but as we do not offer exchanges to the US and you've had to place a new order - our system wouldn't view the as an exchange.

We're really sorry for the confusion and mix up, if you come have a chat with us on twitter/facebook - we'll see if it's possible to replace the code on this occasion for you.

ASOS Kym

Written on: 20/02/2014

There is not much of confusion but only frustration. I understand there is no exchange in the US as I’ve mentioned from my first post (last sentence, second paragraph), I also understand it is auto-adjustment by the system which is why I contacted the customer service trying to straight this out days ago.

After waiting for days with no reply, I PM ASOS via Facebook yesterday but the rep insist there will be no credit back after I explained the situation. That leaves me no choice but leaving a negative feedback.

Written on: 21/02/2014

Hey Clstudio, please can you let me know your FB name so that I can pick up your message? ASOS Chantelle

Written on: 21/02/2014

I am not going to disclose my FB name here, it’s against the privacy law. However, you should have the private message from me on 2/19 at 10AM CT. I am going to provide the order number instead since ASOS should be the only one have access to it :100832566 & 101634614.

Written on: 24/02/2014

Hey, Thanks for getting back to us, that's perfectly understandable you don't want that kind of info floating about. I can see we last spoke to you on 19th Feb about this. If you'd like to reply to that message mentioning this review and your username and we'll take a peek in to it further for you. ASOS Char

Written on: 25/02/2014

After a week of exchanging emails via review site and facebook, ASOS has tried their hardest to make sure that the term ‘customer service’ does not exist at their company. Not only do they insist there will be NO credit back, they have also wasted my time. If you’re bored, looking to be frustrated and pay more than you expect, then ASOS has the shopping experience you’re looking for.

Written on: 26/02/2014

We're very sorry that you feel this way CLstudio. Unfortunately this is the T&C's of a minimum spend discount and we aren't able to honour this discount if these haven't been met. If there is anything else you;d like to discuss with us please feel free to pop a PM over to our Facebook page and we'll be more than happy to help. We hope we see you again soon and that we get the opportunity to make this up to you another way. ASOS Jennie

asos.com