Unexpected issue with order, even worse customer service.

peevedisanunderstatement's review of ASOS - www.asos.com

“Unexpected issue with order, even worse customer service.”

Written on: 13/01/2014 by peevedisanunderstatement (15 reviews written)

I'm writing in response to several orders I placed shortly after the Christmas period.

I had ordered 6 pairs of shoes that were in the sale, all a size 8 and yet all too big for some unfathomable reason. I was annoyed at the prospect of having to send them all back but even more so because I had misplaced the returns notices for each separate order.

And so it began, after requesting 3 times about what I should do I finally got a coherent response telling me what address it needed to be sent too and so fourth all the while being guaranteed that postage would be free. I thought this absurd but instead of requesting a decent response a fourth time I trudged down to the post office with three very heavy parcels and tried to get them sent back. No joy, not to mention a lot of embarrassment. I'm now relying on a friend to print me out some return labels from the website and I've responded again to the ridiculous emails about what service I've received.

This never happened when there was a proper contact centre - mostly my experiences with asos have been pleasant and over the years I've continued to shop with them often but with the quality of their merchandise failing and their prices rising I've been more reluctant to bother with them. Add to the fact this ridiculous customer service system now in place it just doesn't seem worth it. Such a shame as their delivery is excellent - always quick and free to boot but I've found myself returning more and more orders and feeling subsequently rather fed up.

Something is clearly going wrong or maybe they're starting to feel the pinch too.

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit asos.com

Asos.com's Response to peevedisanunderstatement's Review

Written on: 18/01/2014

Thanks for your review and I’m sorry to hear that you've been displeased with the recent service you received. You’ll be pleased to hear that we do still have the same Customer Care system but we are trying to make our Help and Contact pages as informative as possible.

All UK returns are free and if you ever lose a label again simply follow this link [removed] and you’ll be able to print off a new one.

We’re always trying to improve our customer experience so your feedback is invaluable, good or bad keep it coming. I hope this helps. ASOS Donna

asos.com