Great stuff, terrible service

Guest's review of ASOS - www.asos.com

“Great stuff, terrible service”

Written on: 10/01/2014

I've been shopping off Asos for years, but recently, their service has taken a serious dip. For one, they now charge custom duties BEFORE shipping (international), which is ridiculous! Their new shipping partner assumes that customs will be charged (which is not true because it depends on how the customs officer values your item) and won't ship until you pay a hefty 30 percent duty. But that's not all, whenever you speak to the customer care people about a problem, they reply with automated responses and pretend not to understand even basic questions. Truly turning out to be a rather frustrating experience, and I feel terrible that such a great website has gone this route. Won't be shopping again for a while!!

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit asos.com

Asos.com's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2014

I'm so sorry that you've been disappointed with our recent service. I'd like to help you more and to look into previous queries you've had that you didn't feel were responded to in the right way.

We've changed the way our shipping works in some countries; the feedback received was that customers would prefer more up front customs costs so that they could make a decision to pay this or to return the goods for a refund at no charge. For a majority of our customers they are happy with this service - I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel this way.

Drop me your order number(s) and registered email address in a tweet or a Facebook message and I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you have.

ASOS Donna