ASOS - www.asos.com Review

idmah's review of ASOS - www.asos.com

“This is the Exact email i sent to asos following a...”

Written on: 01/12/2013 by idmah (1 review written)

This is the Exact email i sent to asos following a heated phone conversation. (i really hate being deceived, as i am an avid bargain hunter, and i hate to think that every time i bought 'Sale' item it was really a lie)

To: ASOS Team

I had wanted to buy a particular jacket for a while, I would say about two moths I had my eye on this particular jacket on your website, and it was retailing at £45 reduced from £65, I decided to buy this jacket on 30/11/2013, and made a purchase, that following morning I had noticed that there was a 20% sale on all your items using the promo code 20EXTRA, I thought I could benefit from my previous order I made the night before as it had not yet been dispatched. When I did cancel it, n I went back to repurchase the same item, I noticed the same jacket was now £65 again. I was shocked that ASOS used the kind of retail practices, I am well aware that a lot of high street brands do this kind of deception, but did not expect this from ASOS.
To bring your prices back up and make people believe that they got a good deal at the day of the sale, when in fact the same items have been much lower in price for a very long time is deceiving your costumers. ASOS have lost credibility, and operate their sales system with dishonesty; I do not know at what level of the ASOS Company this decision have been made, but I hope that the people who care for the ASOS brand will amend the use of this, because the more people catch on to this act the more customers you will lose.

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit asos.com

Asos.com's Response to idmah's Review

Written on: 09/12/2013

Hey, thanks for posting your feedback about our website. I realise it's disappointing that the jacket had reverted back to it's original price, but as with all of our prices they are subject to change. We have various promos running at different times and sometimes we need to end one to start another. As we have over 60,000 items we’re not able to include everything in each promo so we try to offer something for everyone at some point. If you would like to discuss things further, I'd be more than happy to do so. All you need to do is contact us via the usual way or through Facebook/Twitter and quote 'Review Centre'. Thanks ASOS David

Idmah's reply to Asos.com's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2013

@asos.com if there is a flash promo sale , but the prices have gone up from the night before, then it is no longer a sale, and you were promising all your customers 20% off but the previous day they could have bought it for far less, then this constitutes as a LIE. Period. Asos.com you could dress this Lie up anyway you want but it will still be clear as daylight as to what this company is doing.

asos.com