No shipping refund if you're from Canada

Guest's review of ASOS - www.asos.com

“No shipping refund if you're from Canada”

Written on: 11/06/2013

I bought an item but the fit was wrong so I sent it back. I had to pay 28$ to send it back and I thought I'd get a refund on it. NOPE! They won't give me a refund on the shipping return because I'm from Canada. Not like it said anywhere before a purchase......noooooo, of course not.

I asked for a 28$ credit and they still said no....well...their automated responses kept saying no...it's rare to find a REAL person to help you out.

I AM NEVER BUYING FROM THEM AGAIN. Not only do I not have an item, but I lost 28$ for just sending it back tot hem. What was the point?? I got nothing out of it and they can go and resale it to some other schmuck!

• Goods purchased & cost

• Up to a week late

Visit asos.com

Asos.com's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2013

Hey, I'm sorry to hear this. At the moment, we don't currently offer free returns for International countries, so this is why weren't able to remiburse you for the cost of return. I appreciate this is not the answer you are looking for, and I do apologise for this. ASOS David

Anastasiaz79's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2013

All over your site it says, in bold "FREE SHIPPING" and when there's an item picked there's a sign that says in bold "FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYS". It says it EVERYWHERE...except when I'm buying the damn thing. No where does it warn you that for international there is NO free shipping returns.

And what's worse? I couldn't send my item to america, it had to be the UK which made my return fee more expensive.

What is the point of this???? Why bother buying anything online when you don't get all your money back? I don't have this problem with other online sites, you know why???

BECAUSE THEY"RE CLEAR WITH HER POLICIES from the get go. There is no hidden info. I shouldn't have to look for the return shipping info if it's not in my checkout. I thought I was fine.

This is why it's unfair. Your site was not clear and I had to pay to pay the price for it. This isn't my fault. The customer is right. If I can't get my money back, I should get credit.

It doesn't make me want to buy from you anymore and I've tweeted and blogged about it and wouldn't you know it?? there are thousands of unhappy ASOS customer service complaints, similar to my issue.

So you can be sorry all you like and tell me what your policies are NOW, but you should just have the right information written at checkout! Its false advertising otherwise.

Dianamehmedi's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2013

found this in another post..Asos wanted to refund money back to this person who lives in australia ASOS WHAT'S FAIR IS FAIR

Asos's Comment
Written on: 11/06/2013

Hi, I'm so sorry that your order was late getting to you. We'd love to get to the bottom of why your order didn't arrive on time and refund your delivery charge for you too. Please get in touch with us so we can sort this out for you - just copy your post into an email with "Review Centre" as the subject. Thanks, ASOS

asos.com