Very Disappointed

Guest's review of ASOS - www.asos.com

“Very Disappointed”

Written on: 16/04/2012

I ordered a chiffon dress last month and this is the last and final email I will address with them. I'm so tired of it...

"I am uncomfortable providing my bank statement. Honestly, I think it's completely ridiculous to ask a paying customer to even suggest that I provide such confidential information.

I waited 2 weeks to receive a torn dress, then was told that I will have another one reshipped, then was told that it was out of stock so I will receive a refund. Almost one month later, I am asked to provide my personal bank statement to prove that in fact I did not receive my refund.

As a company that ships worldwide, I would expect that all transactions would be organized systematically in a database. If a refund has been processed, it should reflect in the system, no? I work in a customer service environment as well and every transaction, whether it is a refund, replacement, reshipment, it is all accounted for in our system so it would not cause an inconvenience to our customers.

If it is that difficult to ask for a refund, I don't want it at all. I've never had such a bad experience in customer service."

• Goods purchased & cost

Visit asos.com

Asoskym's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2012

Hey,

Firstly, I am very sorry to hear that you received a faulty dress from us. We aim to make sure every item which is shipped from our warehouse is in perfect condition, therefore I am sorry this was not the case. We would of loved to have a replacement shipped out straight away for you, but unfortunately when an item is out of stock this is not possible.

Secondly, I apologise for the frustration caused by being asked to provide your bank statement. I’m afraid we have to ask for this in cases when our system shows the refund has been successful but the customer is unable to locate this, soon as we have seen this if the funds cannot be located then we immediately process the refund again. I understand you do not feel comfortable sending personal information to us however we do ask you to blank out any card details and irrelevant information. To be able to process the refund we would need to see the original debit from ASOS and all the transactions up to today’s day (it can be that all other transactions names are blanked out or the amount if you wish).

We would like to be able to assist you further, could you please send your full query to care@asos.com putting Review Centre as your subject so I can help resolve this for you.

ASOS Kym