ADS REMOVED

Guest's review of GumTree www.gumtree.com

“ADS REMOVED ”

Written on: 27/03/2013

I respect Gumtree's right to remove any ad they choose, without explanation. I just query the logic behind it...

I have had all my business ads removed because - get this - I uploaded photos instead of a logo. What? WHAT? Why does that matter? I mean, WHY DOES THIS MATTER? Who is going to get hurt because I have uploaded a photo... what person is going to lose their home because I uploaded a photo?!?!

Gumtree has become so user-unfriendly it really isn't worth the time and effort anymore... not that I ever got any responses from Gumtree. I will find another site.

Lpool's Comment

Written on: 29/03/2013

ebay own it now which says a lot, Its gone from a local free site to a mini ebay money making machine with stupid rules

Allanrk's Comment

Written on: 02/01/2014

Same happened to me except that they wouldn't even offer me the decency of an explanation why my account was blocked other than "the repeated breach of posting rules". I tried to post an advert of a camera lens twice. If it's true that eBay bought them out them I reckon it's because they want certain items sold on the eBay site so they can get their commission.

Miva2013's Comment

Written on: 08/04/2013

Oh dear this my story exactly. I have email chain several pages long about this stupidity. What is a logo vs a photo? They dont explain just ban