AWFUL!! Poor Quality, Poor Service!

Guest's review of You frame DIY Photo to canvas kit - www.you-frame.com

“AWFUL!! Poor Quality, Poor Service!”

Written on: 26/11/2012

I ordered a heart montage canvas from You Frame. I spent a lot of time selecting the photos (300, as recommended by the guidance), making sure they were all round the right way and decent quality. Once I had sent my photos over I was pleased to be kept informed about my order, with e-mails letting me know the prints had been downloaded and that it was now in the printing stage etc. The dispatching e-mail, however, came a little while after the production e-mail and I waited a few weeks for my canvas to arrive. When my long awaited canvas did arrive, I was really disappointed. It wasn't worth the wait! The photos are really small and are not very clear (despite sending the recommented amount for optimal effect)and, a lot are covered up. Photos have been overlapped and, in most cases, I am left with pictures of legs, necklaces and backgrounds rather than faces. I understand that the canvas is likely to be printed automatically by a computer etc but I would have expected some kind of quality control and checks for this. I also have a lot of gaps inbetween the pictures (which makes the overlapping even more annoying as there is space!). I have contacted You Frame, via e-mail, twice about this now and neither of my e-mails have been acknowledged. I had a voucher for this product so I am not sure if this is the reason my complaint has been ignored but, that shouldn't be the case and I am very pleased I didn't pay full price for the canvas - it's not worth it. I am disappointed as, in the past, members of my family have had a good experience with You Frame (both with products and customer service) so, I was disappointed to receive such a poor canvas and to have both e-mails ignored. I won't be using them again!