Poor quality, poor communication

Guest's review of Photo4Me - www.photo4me.com

“Poor quality, poor communication”

Written on: 20/03/2013

The staff (I question whether there are more than one or it's a one man band) are uncommunicative and illiterate.

I had a complaint about my picture, which was bigger than the website stated and therefore did not fit in the frame I bought for it. They took 2 weeks to reply to my complaint, only to tell me i'd got what I asked for and the fact they'd told me the delivery time was 2 days before it was, it was still pretty impressive'.

I asked for some compensation, but they simply emailed me saying No in roundabout terms and thanking me for my understanding.

Well I do not understand, and would absolutely not recommend this site to anyone. I bought the print as a birthday present for my friend, and was embarrassed to give it to her.

Kctowers's Comment

Written on: 19/04/2013

As a contributor and customer of Photo4Me I have to question this negative review. I understand the way P4M works and have to say that only the very best quality product will ever be sent out to a customer. I purchased one of my own images for my daughter, a very large canvas which I also had varnished and believe me it was superbly constructed, printed, and presented. It will last a lifetime unlike many canvases I have seen. I know for a fact that if anyone has a problem with their canvas or print it will be dealt with swiftly and and if required a replacement will be made without question. I wouldn't contribute my work to this site if it wasn't the case and I know from our user forum other artists feel the same. Yes, you will pay a bit more for your canvas or print, but you also get more for your money.

Incidentally, this is a freely written review, P4M only pay me for my sales, and as I have said: if it wasn't the case that customers will get top notch service, canvas and prints, I wouldn't participate with them as a freelance contributor. Regards

Written on: 19/04/2013

Many thanks for the support on this.

Written on: 19/04/2013

Many thanks for the support on this.

Written on: 19/04/2013

We would have definitely offered a replacement sized print if that was what you needed.

In circumstances like this we would make a reprint and send it out when the other print was returned to us. If a customer orders the wrong sized medium we would always try to help out wherever possible.

I don't understand how this mis-communication happened but please email us again and we will rectify the problem for you.

Please use our contact page:

There is also a telephone number on the contact page if you would prefer to call us and speak in person.

Regards
Jon Pankurst (Partner / Owner)

Laurenjones's Comment

Written on: 19/04/2013

Thanks, but I was absolutely not offered a replacement print at any point. I had several emails going back and forth, where I exclaimed my distress and asked to return the print and get a refund. I was refused!

It's all well and good offering to rectify the situation now, but i'm afraid it's all very little, very late. This dates back to February.