Terrible Service, hides behind PO BOX, helpline never answer

nitrojet's review of Photo4Me - www.photo4me.com

“Terrible Service, hides behind PO BOX, helpline never...”

Written on: 13/01/2012 by nitrojet (1 review written)

I will start by saying this is the second time I have used this site and I had the same problem before, with poor delivery and refusing to ring me back after leaving messages. I only used this site the second time as Jon Pankhurst clearly states 'improved delivery times', I fell for it I'm sorry to say. I will be fair and state that the product is very nice, but paying a premium, this is what you should expect. They boast they have a 'Customer Helpline', I'll tell you what, try it! The number is 01732 822228, it will just ring and ring. I left eight (to date) messages asking and begging him to ring me and he wouldn't. The majority of people, I'm guessing, will be buying these prints as presents and typically two weeks should be enough time for anything to arrive, or at least to ring me or respond would have meant I did not need to go to this length. I am disappointed that photo4me didn't answer the phone once or ring me back once. £200 is a lot of money and I just want other people to know, especially if they are buying a gift, that you can't trust them. They also state that they offer a 30 day money back guarantee, what use is this if you can't contact them? This print was bought as a birthday present, I now have no use for it as I had to buy an alternative present and will be pursuing this via my bank and credit card protection.

• Canvas Print £200

• A few weeks late

Guest's Response to nitrojet's Review

Written on: 28/01/2012

As a subscriber to Photo4me (not part of the management team) can I say I am sorry for this customer's experience! However, before anyone writes this website off as a no-no can I say that on the whole it provides some of the best photography of the Internet at very keen prices. I recently purchased a large canvas of my own work for my daughter's birthday and I was very impressed with the quality. Can I suggest that if anyone is buying an item as a gift from anywhere on the Internet to order early,and to respect that turn-around times can always be longer than stated simply because of the sheer numbers of people purchasing.

...Keith Towers www.photo4me.com/KCT

Kctowers's Response to nitrojet's Review

Written on: 19/04/2013

As a contributor and customer of Photo4Me I have to question these negative reviews. I understand the way P4M works and have to say that only the very best quality product will ever be sent out to a customer. I purchased one of my own images for my daughter, a very large canvas which I also had varnished and believe me it was superbly constructed, printed, and presented. It will last a lifetime unlike many canvases I have seen. I know for a fact that if anyone has a problem with their canvas or print it will be dealt with swiftly and and if required a replacement will be made without question. I wouldn't contribute my work to this site if it wasn't the case and I know from our user forum other artists feel the same. Yes, you will pay a bit more for your canvas or print, but you also get more for your money.

Incidentally, this is a freely written review, and as I have said: if it wasn't the case that you will get top notch service, canvas and prints, I wouldn't participate with them as a contributor. Regards

Skipmailer's Response to nitrojet's Review

Written on: 14/04/2013

Why did you use the site a second time if you did not think it did as very good job? Is this a genuine review - or are you maybe a competitor jealous of Photo4me's excellent, quick service (in my experience as a buyer)?

Jonpanky's Response to nitrojet's Review

Written on: 07/02/2012

We no longer have a po box addres and publicly display our office address, please look at our contact page for details of this.

Photo4me LLP
26 Kings Hill Avenue
Kings Hill
West Malling
Kent
ME19 4AE

I can't comment on this individual case as there is no mention of the order reference with this review. Rest assured if you do want a refund within 30 days we do issue one. And our phone line although not manned 24/7 will respond within 24 hours.

Emails will get a faster turnaround time as we are often in and it of the office.