Good, but could be better

AndrewDay's review of Easy Art - www.easyart.com

“Good, but could be better”

Written on: 14/11/2012 by AndrewDay (1 review written)

Large print on canvas mounted.

Overall I am happy with what I have given what I have paid. As printing processes get better we, the customers, come to expect more and more. When I print on my Epson R200 I get bright punchy colours that leap off the page (even though I use compatible inks). Perhaps it is because it was printed onto canvas or because the print was lager than was ideal for the image it was made from, but the colours just don't leap off the canvas and it's not totally crisp and sharp. These days you can have giclee prints that look like original art, but this is not (and did not purport to be) giclee. It's close, but no cigar. Perhaps the colours would come to life if I sprayed it with lacquer (the way wood does), but I'm not brave enough to try that.

However, the framing is very good, and the packaging is also excellent, as is the price.

In future I would like to know the size of a file (in pixel dimensions) from which a print will be made so that I, the customer, can decide what dpi I want it printed to. I fear that EasyArt might be printing big pictures at too low a resolution for ultimate reproduction.