Not UK Company - Unreliable - Not received my goods - AVOID

mulkon's review of eGlobaL Digital Store - www.eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk

“Not UK Company - Unreliable - Not received my goods -...”

Written on: 11/10/2013 by mulkon (1 review written)

I ordered a mobile phone on 23rd September not realising I was dealing with a Hong Kong based outfit as it was a .co.uk website. A few days later I received a dispatched notification with a message notifying me that if required to pay DUTY OR VAT I should pay it on their behalf and claim back from them by submitting proof. This is in breach of their Terms and Conditions of Sale. Needless to say,I will not be making any such payments on their behalf. Only after I queried the latter and chased the order a week later(as I could not track it online) was the order supposedly dispatched and appeared on the bpost tracking website with three updates in quick succession and nothing else since 5th October. I have submitted tickets and engaged in online communications with this company only to receive the usual automated generic answers to my queries and complaints followed by a HAS BEEN SOLVED message. My query has NOT BEEN SOLVED! I have not received my order within the stated 3-5 days via the insured express delivery that I purchased. This company is very quick to charge your credit card, as for delivery of goods well... from reading other people's experiences I suggest that you don't hold your breath! BEST AVOID DEALING WITH THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!

• Goods purchased & cost

• Still waiting

Yannisp's Response to mulkon's Review

Written on: 25/11/2013

Did you get any luck since? I have very similar bad experience only slightly different facts. Item supposedly has arrived in the UK and is held at Customs. Customs wrote to me asking what is in the pack for them to calculate VAT and duty. Logged dispute with eglobal via paypal that they are in breach of their Ts and Cs, they replied asking me to pay VAT and duty and they will refund.