Poor, needs to improve.

roger812's review of SLRHut www.slrhut.co.uk

“Poor, needs to improve.”

Written on: 16/08/2013 by roger812 (1 review written)

The email that required a phone call before the order would be progressed and the attempt to sell an additional battery on the basis that the one enclosed was a “starter” battery felt like, indeed was, sharp practice!

I did not realise that I was purchasing a grey import (I’m in the UK) and if there is a problem with the camera I may have warranty issues.

The SD cards in the pack are 2 x 4GB Class 4 cards. I was expecting 1 x 8GB, this should have been made clear. The specification for the purchased camera (Canon SX50) recommends a class 6 card, so the supplied cards are not suited to the purchased product, are effectively worthless and I will have to purchase suitable cards myself. That the accessory pack contains items that are not usable with the purchased product is poor.

The delivery was on day 5 having spent extra for a 3 / 5 day delivery

The price was good initially but was dependent on the accessory pack but the £25 delivery cost and the poor value of the accessory pack and the grey import tag has eroded that to the point that I wished I had purchased elsewhere.

My only contact with customer services was the attempt to sell the additional battery so has been marred somewhat.

• Haven't tested yet but all seem present and correct but value has been eroded for reason given in the review