You have got this far

Johnb48's review of Pro Camera Shop - www.procamerashop.co.uk

“You have got this far”

Written on: 02/09/2013 by Johnb48 (1 review written)

Well you have got this far so you are obviously thinking of buying from procamerashop but the price is just on that boarder of too good to be true.
Once I get the cash back that is offered by Canon on the lens I bought, I will have paid 2/3rd's of the price I can find it for at any other UK based company including Amazon.
So yes the price is too good to be true but I am one very happy customer as I have more money left in my pocket to order more lenses.

For me a great service so thanks procamerashop I will be back

• Goods purchased & cost

Reportedtotradingstandards's Response to Johnb48's Review

Written on: 02/09/2013

You can NOT claim the cashback on grey/imported gear!

They are NOT a UK company. They are a seller in Kowloon, Hong Kong.

You are liable to pay VAT/import taxes to HMRC, as they don't pay VAT (which is strange in itself for a supposed UK company)

This company tells buyers they have a warehouse in the UK....they don't!

Their site has been down for over 4 days, so NO ONE has purchased anything.

Is this another spam review?

Johnb48's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

You have obviously had a big problem with this company but I can assure you my order went fine goods arrived as promised and in a timely manor.
My decision to buy from them was helped by a friend that had just bought a 5D mk3 with no problems.
It may well be a grey import but Canon have confirmed I will be getting cash back on my lens but I would not know if this happens in all cases.
Other reviews could be fake I don't care I got my stuff at a very good price.
As with all web transactions you feel you are taking a chance so by all means dismiss my review but I got a major result and WILL use them again.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Johnb48's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

You can NOT get the Canon cashback from grey imports!

In your 1st post you alluded to them being a UK company, when you knew they weren't. Why?

Johnb48's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

The .co.uk in the address, I guessed that they were probably based somewhere else by the price.
I have not got the £200 cash back yet and I must admit I am waiting for Canon to burst my bubble. I only applied as it takes 2 minutes and the worst that can happen is they say NO, but fingers crossed it's going to happen.
There are over 1000 reviews on this site for them 97.5% positive but still we all worry, let's face it camera stuff isn't cheap I did the deed as I said before because a friend had no problems with his mk3 and that was good enough for me.

Reportedtotradingstandards's reply to Johnb48's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

I can tell you for certain, Canon will not entertain grey imports for cashback!
If you purchase an import from a genuine UK company & get a VAT receipt, they normally will. ( although they are tightening up )

Of the many positive reviews ( on here and other sites) there are many spam imho. BUT the majority of negative reviews are removed because p-shop threaten legal action. They do not like negative reviews or comments & potential purchasers do not get a balanced view, or are aware of the pitfalls at all.

They have been cancelling orders of late, then re-advertising products at higher prices.

They try to get folk to buy using direct bank-transfer, instead of by credit card which gives at least some protection.

It seems they apparently 5muggle goods into the UK without paying duty/VAT ( hence the savings ) leaving the buyer to pay HMRC if the item is stopped. ( they point out themselves the buyers responsibility on their site under their T&C's )

Their UK `warehouse` is a middleman in Crawley & their orderline is a virtual/serviced office in Cumbria.

I'm sure many folk don't have a problem....but many do.

Hopefully HMRC are onto these guys.

Sianon36's reply to Reportedtotradingstandards's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2013

From the cashback terms and conditions available freely on the canon website:

1.4 All products must be purchased within the UK or ROI from a UK or ROI
retailer and must have been supplied and distributed to retailers by Canon
UK Ltd or Canon group companies located in the European Economic Area
(EEA). Please check with your retailer that this is the case to help avoid
disappointment
1.5 All products must be new and genuine Canon products. Purchases of
second hand, refurbished or reconditioned products, or products which are
counterfeit or infringe the intellectual property rights of the Canon group of
companies in any way (for example, including but not limited to parallel or
“grey” products) will not qualify under this promotion.

Unfortunatly I do not this pro camera shop meets this term so you may well not get your cashback, also the site now seems to have disapeared which is rather startling for those that have purchased through them