Forced cancellation

Guest's review of Pro Camera Shop - www.procamerashop.co.uk

“Forced cancellation”

Written on: 31/08/2013

I had done a lot of on line research before deciding I could trust ProCameraShop and so I placed my order for a Panasonic/Leica 25mm, 1.4 lens with them. Their price was among the best around and I knew this was a HK business, which didn't bother me because their customer satisfaction ratings seemed good. Looking back I'm surprised they did. My lens was paid for by bank transfer and was supposed to be shipped right after bank holiday when I got a phone call from the 'shop' telling me about some security issue with their warehouse which meant I wouldn't be able to receive my order for at least 2-3 weeks. Before I could say anything I was told I could have my money back the same day, I just need to say so. Though I didn't believe the guy's story for one moment, I accepted the refund and emailed them my bank details. Then I checked their website and found that my lens was still advertised as 'in stock' only its price was now £50 higher than what I had already paid for it. When I emailed the 'shop' mentioning this circumstance the guy told me the price increase was there to deter any new orders (sic) until they worked frantically to resolve the 'security issue'. No mention of any problem with the warehouse, security or otherwise, on the website itself. It was obvious they now thought the price was too good and were forcing me to cancel my order using the story about delay to scare me off. The email I got from them in response to my complaint was very apologetic. However, the question I asked them: would you honor my original order if I chose to reinstate it, once your warehouse issue is resolved?, was, of course, left unanswered.

• N/A

• Still waiting

Tr1Xx's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2013

The Procamerashop.co.uk website has now been down for over 4 days. Think yourself lucky to have got your money back. Personally, I would be very reluctant to use them again in future even if they do resurface.