Poor Poor Service

Guest's review of MyDigitaland - www.mydigitaland.com

“Poor Poor Service”

Written on: 13/03/2013

Was hardly kept in the loop at all after ordering my mobile phone (HTC One X), very poor communication.
All throughout, the status of my order was hardly ever updated and was stuck on 'processing' so I was unable to track my parcel on the website as their integrated tracking didn't work so I was constantly having to chase up to see where my parcel was.
Instead I had to dig around to find my tracking number and use the DHL website and was not told that I would have to pay extra for import tax! The website says all COSTS are up front but it only states Import Tax Will Be Applied which is misleading to some extent. I assumed this was included in the price or I wouldn't have ordered from mydigitaland in the first place as there were slightly more expensive deals out there but included ALL costs!
As if that wasn't enough, my item was not 'picked up' from the warehouse on time so for 3 days I had no explanation until I contacted [name removed] by email (who seemed to go from typing perfect English, to barely being able to spell) who explained the courier had forgotten to pick up my item and it was now on it's way.
My item was also held up at the delivery warehouse and has only just made it to me today but I'm away on work for a few days so still haven't opened it to check if it's the correct mobile after it had been listed as a 'digital mp3 player' which is worrying in itself as I'm still thinking that maybe they have shipped the wrong product to me!
I have ordered from other websites with warehouses in Hong Kong and the current service reminds of simplyelectronics.net (another hong kong based company) who had a very poor run for a while a few years ago but have improved drastically in recent times. I will NOT be buying from mydigitaland again and still have yet to see if I even have the right product waiting for me at home!
My advice, pay the little extra for peace of mind and avoid companies such as this!

• Goods purchased & cost

• Up to a week late

Kitrabbit's Comment

Written on: 14/09/2013

I have dealt with Simply Electronics and Digitaland and think that they may be the same company

Kitrabbit's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2013

A bit more delving - actually they use similar web software to Simply Electronics - but it would seem that they are a different company and in my experience have much better levels of customer service