Won over by the online community & magazine...

Guest's review of Lomography - shop.lomography.com

“Won over by the online community and magazine...”

Written on: 25/02/2013

I always struggle to define how I feel about Lomography, in many ways I love that they are bringing film to the masses and that I've seen a surge in the interest in film photography recently. I also love that in finding their cameras and being a part of their community that I've become interested in film again and learnt a lot through their tips section.

However, I'm not sure about a lot of the products, such as all the different clones of the same cameras and the branch into 110 film... although it has been interesting to watch the Lomography community take these products and use them. More often than not I also wouldn't pay the prices that they charge if it wasn't for the piggies that I earn through the website.

The one massive plus for me with Lomography is the online community and magazine, as well as writing articles for them for piggies (which has helped me buy most of my cameras) the tips and advice sections of the magazine really are helpful and the photos shared there are inspiring and fun, which is exactly what I need when I'm feeling deflated.

In terms of the actual shop, overall I am satisfied with the service that I've had. The price of postage can be a bit much for one item so I tend to order more than one so that this is spread across more items. Also, I had to get one of my cameras replaced and the process was smooth and I was very happy with my replacement. One negative thing I have noticed is that most of the films have been out of stock lately which is disappointing.

To summarise, if Lomography was just an expensive shop alone then I doubt I would be as enthusiastic about my purchases or experiences, but the online community and the piggies system for me, makes the Lomography experience much more interactive as well as affordable, which is definitely a good thing.

• Goods purchased & cost