Well informed, honest & speedy service

jsheerin's review of Clifton Cameras - www.cliftoncameras.co.uk

“Well informed, honest and speedy service”

Written on: 11/09/2012 by jsheerin (1 review written)

Last week I ordered a new Pentax camera and a number of lenses from Jessops. Their website showed that all items I wanted were in stock and ready for either collect in store or home delivery. I placed an order and waited. Eventually their tracking system showed my order as "back-ordered", i.e. awaiting stock from their supplier. It was not possible to contact someone to discuss the situation. The only option was to leave feedback via a web page.

I then looked around for an alternative supplier and, because of my experience, decided to look for an independent retailer. Clifton Cameras were recommended else where so I took a look at their website. It was so easy to find the information I wanted about Pentax cameras and lenses and it was made clear as to the number of each item was in stock.

I have to say that because of my previous experience I gave them a call to check availability. The call was answered promptly, the staff member checked stock level and confirmed that it was all in stock. I went online and placed an order. The following day my order was delivered. What more can I ask for?

Oh yes, whilst speaking on the phone I asked for some information on the lenses and was given advice by someone who certainly seemed to know what she was talking about. To top all that I was given a two year guarantee rather than the standard on year offered by Jessops.

Thank you Clifton Cameras!

• Pentax K5 and lenses, about £1,500 (pretty much standard price everywhere without buying ouside UK)