Is Shopgoodwill.com a Scam??????

Guest's review of Shop Goodwill - www.shopgoodwill.com

“Is Shopgoodwill.com a Scam?????? ”

Written on: 29/06/2012

Absolutely not!!!

First off, I am your average individual looking to discover great treasures on the internet (mostly to show off in my grand Victorian home in the south, and some for gifts for those I love.) There seems to be a lot of contention surrounding shopgoodwill.com on this site, so I thought I would share the experiences I've had with the site in general. Before I do so, I'd like to point out that each selling location has varied rules/practices as far as how they choose to ship their items, etc., but there are also many rules mandated by the website administrators themselves.

Although I encountered some very poor customer service instances, paid some inflated handling fees, some are very good at providing excellent service for their company, and my personal favorite is the Johnstown Goodwill location. Their team has always far surpassed my expectations, are very professional, and are quick to respond to each and every one of my inquiries. Their $2.00 handling fee covers the cost of supplies that they purchase each month through shipping supply companies. Their team seems to be well seasoned in their positions and do try to be as honest as they can. They have helped to educate me on why things seem awry to the naked eye...

One of the biggest complaints I'm seeing on here is regarding the inflated weights put on certain items like guitars. It took me awhile to grasp why 40+ pounds is placed on something like this, and finally got a concrete answer when I discovered the excellent team at the Johnstown Pennsylvania location. The site cannot take into account the carriers' dimensional weight (balloon rate) rule, so weight must be added onto an item to ensure that they will be properly charged. hey stated that the box to ship alone costs them $7.00! There were two times that they ended up paying out of pocket to cover the additional expense on my behalf (as they didn't place enough weight on the item.) They explained that the site is working on finding better shipping service carrier options; the most expensive items to ship seem to be the items less than one pound (because they are billed at the one pound weight and cannot use the First Class rate service.) Their hands are tied, per se, but I noticed you can save on shipping big time when combining many items into one order.

"Shill Bidding" is the other thing that I would like to comment on. I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but a credit card is not required to sign up for shopgoodwill.com. Imagine how much fun one could have going on the site and bidding on anything and everything, driving the auction price to the moon and not paying. What fun...for the poor soul who must deal with re-auctioning the item and probably answering a boatload of emails on why it is up on auction again. Do I think shill bidding is possible? Absolutely. Do I think all sgw.com store sites are guilty? Absolutely not.

I suppose the moral of my two cents is that everyone has an opinion, whether it is inflated or untrue, it is their opinion and to be taken as such. I heard it through the grapevine that the site is about to undergo an upgrade to benefit not only us bidders, but also to make their jobs easier. Kudos to the Orange County Headquarters staff for bringing this to pass!!! I love shopgoodwill.com and will continue to support them! God bless you and your mission!

(Miss S.C.)