I save money every time I eat out!

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Gourmet Society, Nottingham

“I save money every time I eat out!”

Written on: 13/12/2011

I got a free trial of the Gourmet Society card and I was planning to cancel the membership after the 2 month free trial like I did with tastecard. However, I was surprised to find that unlike tastecard they actually have some restaurants that take your card at the weekend!

During the trial period, I ate at Cafe Rouge and saved £20, then at a local Indian and saved about the same. The price for the membership after the trial was £40, and as I had already saved about that I thought it was well worth it!

There's no difference between the food you get at a restaurant if you go there with the card, and most of the time you don't have to book in advance (well, everywhere I've been anyway). I like the 25% off the total bill offer the best, makes the wine very cheap! Not so keen on 2 for 1 as usually it's only for 2 people, but 50% off food is a pretty good deal too. As long as you look on the internet at the restaurant details before you go I don't see why anyone would have a problem using this (sad member?)

All in all, I would recommend it, even if you only eat out a few times a year.

• Other

Food Type

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all