Hats off to this review website

Dean50's review of Persimmon Homes www.persimmonhomes.com

“Hats off to this review website”

Written on: 09/03/2013 by Dean50 (1 review written)

Me and WIfe are just going through the motions of making one of the biggest decisions in our whole life. We are excited and full of joy at the prospect of part exchanging our current house which is 2 bed to a 4 bed detached (crathorne). Our plan to have another child with the school I attended as an infant near by , local church and local community family and friends. I have now completely been put off the whole idea the point that my dream of moving into our new home has been smashed in bits. We are realistic people and fairly laid back , take pride in our home and currently live in a house which was a new build and we are the first owners. It's not perfect but I have never had any issues anything like what's written on this site. I 2 questions ? Are Persimmons really that bad , secondly are we about to make the biggest mistakes of our lives?

• Under 1 Year

Lived in Home

Niknaks14's Response to Dean50's Review

Written on: 24/03/2013

sorry to say this, but yes Persimmon houses ARE that bad and you are possibly making biggest mistake of your lives..... I certainly did 6 months ago. I have had over 100 snags, and they keep coming.... if you want builders in your house 1-2 times a week for the next 6 months then persimmon is your company! They fill you with excuse after excuse. They told us "the 2 inch space in your doorstep (very dangerous) needs to be like that to comply with nhbc" load of nonesense. "your garden is waterlogged because....." Now my biggest issue with them is that all our windows are blowing in all the freezing cold air, even though they're shut, air vents closed. Their DIY man came out and said "oh yes you've got some draughts coming in from your vents, the best thing to do is fill them with silicone sealer" WHAT! the draughts not only are coming in from vents, but from the actual seals, I have 2 young children aged 4 and 2 and most nights they come sleep with me because their rooms are at the back of the house and this is where the draughts are worst. The max temperatures in their rooms have got to 14 degrees, with the heating on 30 degrees, all because of the draughts. the bathroom is between their rooms and to have a bath is impossible. the draught coming not only from the windows, but extractor is horrendous. my 2 year old once said mummy its feezing! and although the water was cooling down rather quickly, i was fully dressed and couldn't see an immediate reason, that was until i went in bath a few night later with them. I has goosebumps all over my body! initially i thought it must be the radiators ot heating up sufficiently, but no it's the windows. My boy has been ill now 5 times, with 4 x anti-biotics and my girl 4 times with 3 x anti-biotics and myself 3 times with 2 set anti-biotics all since we moved here. The health of myself and children is paramount and i will never forgive persimmon for causing us this ill-health.