Written on: 20/12/2011
For clarification to set the context of Persimmon's levels of customer service regarding our house I have listed the following faults after supposedly 3 levels of QA auditing.
1. 2 internal doors would not close.
2. 2 toilets would not flush. This issue was explained as resulting from the job being carried out by apprentices and not being checked once.
3. Badly fitted French Doors needing significant adjustment.
4. 2 kitchen unit doors hanging off one of which nearly injured my then 11/2 year old son when it fell off. He was spared a severe bump to the head only through good fortune.
5. Hot water connected to external water tap.
6. Several wardrobe doors would not close properly 3 still don’t and never have after several visits.
7. Incorrectly fitted lagging caused pipes above kitchen to freeze cutting off water to the house. (We have averaged having 1 toilet out of 4 functioning at Christmas time for the first 2 years)
8. The skirting round the stairs developed a gap of over 1 inch between it and the wall. The workmen asked to fix this were shocked at the poor quality fit.
9. The first of the two phone lines fitted to the house did not work at all and required 4 visits to resolve mainly because Persimmon’s staff were insistent that the problem was caused by BT and not their wiring.
10. Unfinished kitchen units with missing top section.
11. Several missed bookings for resolving issues.
12. Several large cracks ( 1 over a foot long ) and popped studs (approximately 15-20) in ceiling plaster boards explained away as standard shrinkage. External experts explain it as poor quality workmanship.
This list is far from exhaustive.
As rated by real users
"Don't buy one! Wish we never.." Read More
"Horrific experience, awful cus..." Read More
"Disappointment after disappoin..." Read More
"Disgraceful Quality" Read More
"Happy with DWH so far.." Read More