Dull music, dull script, dull dancing

Guest's review of Wicked

“Dull music, dull script, dull dancing”

Written on: 21/02/2013

I went with my husband and three teenage daughters as a family treat as the girls had been wanting to see it for some time. I have been to many of the west end shows, love musicals and usually get totally emotionally involved with them. Unfortunately, 'Wicked' didn't engage my husband, my 18 year old daughter or myself at all. We found the songs extremely dull, tuneless and unmoving - perhaps because the script didn't allow the characters to become emotionally convincing. I was so bored, I could gladly have left at the interval and my husband was desperately trying not to nod off. It reminded me of some of the more modern second-rate Disney musical cartoons - which is maybe why my 13 and 14 year old daughters enjoyed it more than we did. Staging, costumes, acting, dancing and actual singing were average. The most impressive part of the show for me were the flying monkeys...