An utterly wretched experience

Guest's review of We Will Rock You

“An utterly wretched experience”

Written on: 10/03/2012

I've seen a few West End shows and, even though I'm not a huge musicals fan, they are generally spectacular enough to be entertaining. Not this time. We Will Rock You felt cheap. On a par with an am dram performance in the village hall. The story line was a disgrace. The jokes were archaic. The acting, unnecessary accents and singing were all diabolical. The dialogue was embarrassing. Ben Elton should be ashamed of himself, and god only knows how Brain May can sleep at night. I wasn't expecting much, but I was stunned by how poor this was. The face value on the ticket was £65. I wouldn't pay 65p. By the second half I'd given up on polite applause and was just desperate to escape. Freddie must be turning in his grave.

Anilclarke's Comment

Written on: 01/01/2013

well clearly you're opinion is the opinion of the minority, in its 11th year and as successful as it is...? clearly not many people agree with you.