Awful!

Guest's review of We Will Rock You

“Awful!”

Written on: 19/11/2011

I went in expecting to have a fantastic night and I was disappointed! The leads were unconvincing. Galileo was a wimp and not that great a singer (although he thought he was). Scaramouche had the most annoying voice ever and her "jokes" were so obvious, tired and old. The woman playing Meat was the best singer by far, but had a bit part. The production was quite varied and fun, and I liked the old dude, but all in all it was mega cheesy and not worth the ticket price. I can't believe that Ben Elton has made so much cash out of this. I also think it devalues Queen and Freddie Mercury in particular. What were they thinking?! As for the "story" I think a monkey could have written a better one. I would not recommend this to anyone and would think the majority of people who will go in the future will be tourists who don't know any better poor people...

• London