Absolutely dire

Guest's review of Dirty Dancing the Musical

“Absolutely dire”

Written on: 31/10/2013

If I could give a rating of 0 for this I would. It is probably the worst thing I have ever seen in London and I have seen nearly everything. I have seen better acting, scenery and effort in a local school play. My daughter and I paid £45 each to see this absolute pile of rubbish for my 53rd birthday. I wish we had saved our money! There was no ambience among the cast and it was as if they wanted to get each scene out of the way and off stage as soon as possible. The lead man was ok but the lead girl was appalling. She could not act, sing or dance at all. The scenery and props were amateurish and my daughter was almost in tears as she was so disappointed that my birthday treat had ended so badly. We wish we had gone with our second choice and seen Wicked. Such a shame as we saw this in London about 5 years ago and at that time it was fantastic. We have heard that the Spice Girls musical was quickly withdrawn from this theatre and the touring version of Dirty Dancing put in its place. It should of stayed on tour! Please don't waste your money.