Easier than ripping to iTunes

From 1 review
  • Quantity Of Music

• Ease Of Use

reviewkitten's review of Amazon Autorip

“Easier than ripping to iTunes”

Written on: 27/06/2013 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

When I normally listen to music it is either via Spotify or CD. My iPod sits in a drawer as I just cannot be bothered to sit and upload music each time I buy something new. I guess if I had an iPhone it might be different but that's just how it is.

Having read about Amazon Autorip in the news I thought worth taking a look. I was more curious to see how many of the albums I have bought in the past would be available on their cloud.

It was really easy, I worried I might have to download something to get it working but it's all browser based via my cloud account (which I must have set up before but for the life of me I cannot remember when).

Next was the exciting bit. Autorip said it was searching for compatible albums.

Sadly only 8 of the ones I have bought over the years have showed up in my cloud account. But I now have some albums that I would like to be able to play on the go without resorting to having to upload and convert them into MP3s.

The site was simple to use and it found the albums I own already fast. I'll see what happens when I buy an album that automatically rips to the Amazon Cloud but it seems foolproof and a nice little addition for no extra money.

• Quantity Of Music