Zero customer service skills, just plain rude!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Blockbuster Store

“Zero customer service skills, just plain rude!”

Written on: 26/10/2013

Purchased a new game from their store in the sale for £7.97 and it had no instructions in the case. When I took it back (the next morning), they basically implied I had lost them myself. She even said, "I'm not returning that, what am I supposed to do with it, I can't sell it like that." Well they did sell it 'like that,' to me!

The manager in charge was rude, aggressive, and lacked any customer service skills at all. I couldn't believe I had to argue and battle my way to getting only what I was entitled to (a complete game!). In the end, she gave in and I got the instructions .. or so I thought .. as when I walked out the store I double checked the game she had given me back only to find it was the same one with no instructions again!

I returned back inside (even more miffed now!), and she acted all like it was a mistake and she accidentally put the wrong one back in the box. I don't think she was expecting me to check it and thought she had got away with it.

The worst part though was not the missing instructions, it was the sheer attitude of the manager. Absolutely no clue about customer service. No wonder this company is always hanging on the brink of bankruptcy when they have staff treating customers like this.

• Ashton Under Lyne