ITV player is useless

Guest's review of ITV Player

“ITV player is useless”

Written on: 06/04/2012

BBCiPlayer streams silky smooth uninterrupted HD content to my PS3 every time I ask for it. Sound definition isn't HD which is a shame as the picture is so good. It also works seamlessly on 2 of my android devices and on both my pc and laptop. So why is it that ITV player doesn't work on any of them? It repeatedly stops playback then replays adverts over and over again. I have never actually managed to watch a whole program in one go. So it probably doesn't matter that the picture quality is unacceptable in this day and age of high resolutions or that the sound and picture always drifts out if synch. How is it possible for a multi million pound organisation to be so inept? I guess they don't care, why should they? They get paid for advertising regardless of the poor terrestrial digital signal or the even worse online experience. Us, the end users don't actually count for anything, so don't expect any improvements any time soon.