Hidden faults, no going back

• Range of ads

alanwilson04's review of Exchange and Mart www.exchangeandmart.co.uk

“Hidden faults, no going back”

Written on: 07/01/2013 by alanwilson04 (4 reviews written)

I bought a car from exchange and mart with a 2 year extended warranty.
They promised me the warranty would cover everything a normal manufacturers warranty would.

They also carried out the MOT on the car before purchase. As soon as I was driving home, alarm bells rang as the window wiper blades were hanging off (something an MOT would fail for).
I have no idea if the car is even roadworthy at this point.

Soon after I also find the rear demister doesn't work properly or the 12 volt plug.

After contacting my extended warranty, they tell me the preexisiting conditions need to be taken up with the retailer. Exchange and Mart refuse to help, telling me to go to the extended warranty company, and that my issues would only be covered by a manufacturer warranty, not the extended warranty.

When I took the warranty out, I specifically asked "Will this cover everything like a manufacturer's warranty?" and they said yes. They were rude on the phone after I pointed out they mis-sold my warranty and now have to aparently live with the faults. I am reporting Exchange and Mart to MOT services and Trading Standards.