Targeted by scammers, terrible customer service

• Range of ads

Faz12's review of Autotrader - www.autotrader.co.uk

“Targeted by scammers, terrible customer service ”

Written on: 20/08/2013 by Faz12 (1 review written)

I paid £48 for my advert for my car online for 3 weeks. Received approx 20 emails - none were genuine I knew this by phone numbers with 12 digits not 11 and people interested in my car...asking for a viewing....then 'forgetting' which car was mine, sending me a link to sign in so they could take my account details!! I replied to some as I didn't know how genuine they were, with no personal info included just general chat about arranging a viewing. They hacked my advert within 6 days!! Changed the price from 6000 to 3200 for a 'quick sale' I only noticed when a friend told me, called auto trader who refused me a refund and said it was my fault as I must have clicked a link so they took my details. How am I to know what is genuine and what is not !!! Apparently I should have read numerous pages of safety advice regarding using auto trader. Why don't auto trader scan and block emails like this before private sellers receive them??? Shocking customer service, blaming me for the fact someone knows my mobile number full name address and password!! I've received so many prank phone calls. I would never recommend auto trader to anyone. And they won't even give me a refund!!! I would never sell online again ... Auto trader is such a popular website!! Yet they can't even protect their private advertisers.

• Selling