PENN CARS, Prestwood, Great Missenden - AUTO COWBOYS

• Range of ads

Guest's review of Autotrader - www.autotrader.co.uk

“PENN CARS, Prestwood, Great Missenden - AUTO COWBOYS”

Written on: 12/08/2012

I bought a car of these Unscrupulous Rip off merchants. I bought it after they "kindly" offered to deliver it.

I had been working nights and was pleased to accept their offer, delivered with an MOT advisory note "slight play in steering due to worn inner steering joint".

They Trader called Neil, could'nt get away fast enough as he said he had another appointment. When I drove the car I thought slight play was a major understatement also the brakes were very hard (not mentioned when bought).

I took it to a garage for inspection at the earliest opportunity I could get it fitted in. I was taken aback when told it was dangerous to drive due to excessive steering play(joint could be moved 4 inches) and there was no servo on the brakes.

I contacted Neil who said he would speak to someone to see what he could do as he "likes to be able to sleep at night"

I spoke to him again on the Monday and his mood changed and he said he had advised me on the steering and he would do nothing and was ending the call, he would not supply his Traders address.

You can only view by appointment if you wish to see a car, they will be happy to meet you by the M40 but not at their premises(draw your own conclusions).

Neither Consumer advice(working for Trading Standards) nor the Police as its a Civil matter, will assist.

Steer clear of Neil the "snoozer" and his partner they will rip you off and do nothing. Have a look at their website - no fore court or showroom and funnily enough all the cars have very low mileage for their age (again draw your own conclusions).

BEWARE AS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED