Good, I'm Happy - That's all that matters

• Road Handling

• Durability

• Road Noise

Guest's review of Continental ContiMotion

“Good, I'm Happy - That's all that matters”

Written on: 10/06/2013

Bought a K4 GSXR 600 to do track days with and it came with slicks on it from the previous owner. I am not a fast rider and a novice at track days so I didn't want to use the slicks as I would not keep the heat in them.

I got a set of these Contimotions (180x55 rear & 120x70 front) and I have done my first track day on them. For a slowish rider on track, these rubbers are fine. They did not give me one issue in 5x20 min sessions with 40 min breaks in between each session. They were consistent and predictable and gave (me) a good feeling of what was going on.

The day was cold (15 degrees C) and it had rained in the morning. As the tires were new, I sat the first session out because the track was still a bit wet/damp. Another 40 minutes of cars running around, sun and breeze and the track was dry (yipeee).

By the days end the tires had those little balls all over (apart from the 5mm strip at each side that didn't touch the ground) with even ware and no visible deformations anywhere.

Started the day with 34 PSI rear & 30 PSI front (cold) and only adjusted for the last session (to be safe).

Haven't used these tires on the road but would have no hesitation in doing so or recommending these tires to anyone willing to try them. After my experience and reading other reviews, I think these Contimotion tires would suit most riders in most conditions.

It would only be those riders pushing a tires limits that would come unstuck and that would be on any rubber anyway because they would stop pushing otherwise.