Written on: 12/05/2012
Went with Natwest as have banked with them since my Dad opened my first ever account for me age 13! Buying with my partner, very lucky FTB's with a generous 80% deposit.
Got AIP almost 3 whole weeks ago now and are still waiting on underwriters after a ridiculous series of events that has been shambolic to say the least!
During that first phone call on a MONDAY was promised that
1. AIP letter and full application form would follow in post within 24 hours
2. Once full application and supporting docs received would be underwritten within 48 hours.
3. Once underwritten surveyor would be instructed within 5 days...
1. Application never showed up... I made a call after 2 days and advisor assures it was sent but sends another. Receive the forms on the SATURDAY morning. Complete forms and submit via a branch with certified documents first thing on the MONDAY morning... A WEEK after first call was made. Clerk in bank assures me internal mail will mean they will arrive with underwriters the next day...
2. Have heard nothing by WEDNESDAY so decide to call mortgage centre to check application and docs have been received. They haven't got anything at all... I go straight back to the branch, find the clerk who certified and sent everything off who tells me 3 different stories about how there are problems with internal mail etc... Really dismissive and unhelpful. She does assure me she made copies of everything. I decide to wait one more day to see if anything turns up at mortgage centre.
3. Mortgage centre still have nothing on the THURSDAY so I manage to convince the advisor to get the branch to fax through the copies to the mortgage centre... She requests I do this myself as she doesn't have the number for the branch?! I send my partner to the branch with the telephone numbers to fax to and instructions...
Clerk at branch sends him away saying she'll do it when she has time...he makes it pretty clear he's not impressed so she does it straight away. Meanwhile the agents are calling us all the time hassling us, saying the vendors don't understand why we haven't had a survey instructed yet etc...
4. Documents are received by fax at mortgage centre, receive a text message the next day - FRIDAY asking for further documents such as my bank statements (I Bank with THEM!) and anti I'mpersonation letters from both of us and my payslips. Why didn't they're quest them BEFORE!!!! I call again, work out what they really need ('oh yeah, no bank statements necessary') and get it all off ASAP.
It is now following THURSDAY and following 2 calls throughout week to chase up, application has been overlooked and has still not been underwritten, I am assured is now being prioritised... Yeah right... I'll be back on the blower tomorrow I'm sure.. Almost 3 weeks after original AIP.
This was the EDITED version!!!!! The most frustrating experience, I am actually embarrassed for them.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Halifax entrap customers on high mortgage rates " Read More
" Nationwide are Confusing! " Read More
Written by Rani_A
" Very Very Slow " Read More
" Tortoises can run even faster " Read More
" Avoid! " Read More