Silverwing a Godsend for bikers with Arthritis

PorkPieSeller's review of Honda Silverwing

“Silverwing a Godsend for bikers with Arthritis ”

Written on: 19/06/2013 by PorkPieSeller (1 review written)

I was coming back to Bikes after a layoff of 19 years and started of as a pillion passenger on a trip to Assen for the racing. This brought home how bad my Arthritis had become 2 hours on the bike and I could not walk for another 2 without pain, it would take 10 mins to loosen up.I was still desperate to get on a bike and looked at some modifications that could help me,but a mate told me how good a scooter was and arranged a test for me on a burgman 400. After that I looked around for some on ebay and found a Silverwing up in Manchester for sale. I have alwasy been a Honda biker and drove the 100 to have a test drive and was hooked right away, bought it on the spot and picked it up the following weekend. Drove it up that afternoon to take part in the Easter egg run up in Durham. great motorway driving overtaking no problem, nightmare on the slow ride of the easter egg run. 12 Months later 14K miles and the largest smile on my face every time I go out on it. It is a big bulky scooter but once you get used to it you can wiz through city traffic with ease,overtake on motorways with more confidence than a bike, I can now do 4 miles to work through city traffic without putting my foot down and can easily balance it at traffic lights and pull away from almost anything. I do not see myself going back to a bike but as Honda are putting twist an go tech onto some bikes you never know.