Promising, but RUDE

b.leanne's review of Unlock That Phone - www.unlockthatphone.com

Unlock That Phone - www.unlockthatphone.com

“Promising, but RUDE”

Written on: 23/05/2013 by b.leanne (1 review written)

I agree that the product is good. The directions seem easy and convenient. However, I can not recommend this company to anyone due to the blatant rudeness of their staff. I read and agreed to the unlocking instructions for iphone 4 which said nothing about your phone needing current activation on a network. When I encountered problems, the staff got back to me quickly and asked about the activation. At that point I told them it was not activated, and couldn't be due to geographic limitations. This is when they got rude. This is an email reply I received from management upon asking for a response 2 days after sending my original email.

"Your phone when you purchase it has to be activated, this has to be already done to your phone otherwise it cant be used on any network even on AT&T.
If its not activated this can be done very easily by just borrowing a AT&T SIM and activate the iPhone or go to a AT&T shop and they will do it for you , this being a under 5 minutes process which regardless you will have to do it in order to use the iPhone in the future otherwise you can as well throw the phone to the garbage.
We will refund your purchase even though we have unlocked your iPhone and for some reason that we don't understand you refuse to activate which you will be forced anyway to do it at some point to be able to use it.
As you refused to do what we instructed you, we will have to ban you from using our website. In our Terms & Conditions it clearly states that you have to do all we tell you in order to unlock your phone, if you refuse, you have breached our terms and conditions and we will ban you permanently .
Your order has been refunded, please allow 1-3 days for the refund to show back into your account"

As you can see - the issue was resolved, but was handled very poorly. The sarcasm and rudeness of this message from management was appalling.