Avoid & unlock with the provider

theredprince's review of OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk - www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk - www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

“Avoid and unlock with the provider”

Written on: 13/12/2012 by theredprince (1 review written)

I wanted to unlock an 'out of contract' iPhone 3GS locked to Orange so I could use it with GiffGaff.

I initially chose iPhoneUnlock.co.uk for the speed of the unlock est 2-3 days versus Orange's 30 day etc. They are actually more expensive but I was happy to pay a little extra as I didn't want to wait a month. Estimated price was £25 all in because the phone was long off contract etc, so no additional fees would apply.

Almost two months later I get an email saying that Orange had raised their prices to £109 and not to blame them. Obviously I wasn't going to pay the unlock fee as it's more than the value of the phone so I asked for a refund. No chance they say....

Just be careful when selecting these guys and maybe try the network itself - these guys are just middle men making money for not doing very much

Andyvidual's Response to theredprince's Review

Written on: 13/12/2012

I had the exact same experience. If you're considering using this service I recommend that you avoid it at all costs! Contact your network instead.