Don't Pre-Order it doesn't exist.

Akufu's review of OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk - www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk - www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

“Don't Pre-Order it doesn't exist. ”

Written on: 01/08/2012 by Akufu (1 review written)

They claim to be able to unlock iPhones directly with either the manufacturer, Apple or with the Network Providers - I'm not sure which, but they charge you a fair amount to do so. There are video 'reviews' on YouTube, which claim to be videos of the unlocking process. My experiences have made me a little more dubious.

I purchased my 'Unlock Pre-Order' 2 weeks ago after speaking to a Customer Service Rep via Live Chat. "Shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks" was the reply of the agent. So today, I decided to contact them and ask for an update. The reply simple was "few more weeks". So, they have had my £19.99 (which isn't a lot its just the morality of it) for 2 weeks without any update, email or phone call stating how things are going.

Upon probing about if they could actually unlock the phone I was told, "If you want to pay £150 I could unlock it now". I am guessing he was assuming I wouldn't accept his offer. But I did. I asked, how do I purchase this unlock. To which he replied "It wasn't an offer". Now unless I have suddenly had some kind of mental lapse, he did make an offer. This kind of misappropriation is illegal. He offered me a service then refused it, its called a 'Bait and Switch'.

Upon looking further into this company (IPHONE ACCESSORIES AND REPAIR LTD) it appears it was only incorporated 8 months ago. Nov 2011. Prior to that it didn't exist or if it did it was under a different name.

Has anybody had an positive experiences with this company? Let me know!

Adrian4408's Response to Akufu's Review

Written on: 05/08/2012

Hi, I'm a bit worried now because I ordered from them & only after paying I saw that it is, what they call 'a pre-order'. If it costs much more than the £20 I've already paid then I don't want it & will want my money back. Did you get your unlock in the end? Or a refund?