Well it worked

Guest's review of GSM Liberty - www.gsmliberty.net

GSM Liberty - www.gsmliberty.net

“Well it worked”

Written on: 03/12/2012

I used the website to get an unlock code for a Blackberry Curve 9320.

The good: I did get an unlock code out of the system which worked, and the phone is unlocked.

Not so good: once you got into the website and instructions, the instructions seemed to have been added by a child at the keyboard - all over the place. There was the usual issue about commands not exactly matching up with what was shown on the phone, and there wasn't much attempt made to separate out the instructions for your phone from loads of others, some from the USA (a bit unnerving for a UK user).

The little bit of software that the site suggested for identifying the MEP code didn't work for me at all, and was rather worrying in that its name included "beta" in its title bar. In the end, I got the MEP code via freemyblackberry.com, which had a very clear set of illustrated instructions. If I hadn't already paid for GSM Liberty, I would have been happier to start again with freemyblackberry.

So a good outcome, but I was half expecting to find half way through that I had wiped my phone - not good for the nerves.