Motorola Milestone 2 codes didn't work; got a refund

calmh.geo's review of Free Unlocks - www.freeunlocks.com

Free Unlocks - www.freeunlocks.com

“Motorola Milestone 2 codes didn't work; got a refund”

Written on: 05/07/2013 by calmh.geo (2 reviews written)

The service was fast and provided me with two 8-digit unlock codes for a Motorola Milestone 2 (A953) as soon as the Paypal payment was processed.

Unfortunately, both codes didn't work and the unlock attempt failed.

Doing some research in the web, I discovered that the phone needs a 16-digit code to be unlocked successfully, but freeUnlocks.com could not provide such code.

They offered me two options: get a new code (for a new IMEI) or a refund. I asked for a refund and the asked me a video showing the unlock failures. I made the video and they gave me a refund in my PayPal account.

The problem with this experience was: I had to try to unlock many times without success: initially, two times (one for each of the codes they sent me); then, as the two codes were sent together (separated only by a space), I thought that they could be, in fact, just one 16-digit code and I tried to enter those 16 digits in the phone, but again the process failed; then I had to enter the two 8-digit codes again to record the failures in a video. Therefore, I had to try to unlock five times, and this made me anxious about the phone going into a hard lock state due to many failed attempts.

What they could do better: they could inform us that there are two types of codes for Motorola phones, as other providers do: 8 and 16-digit codes (with different prices, in some places) and recommend strongly to record the operation in a video since the very first attempt, because there is a good chance that a code won't work and that we will have to ask for a refund.

What I could do better: now I know that it would be better to record the unlock attempts since the first one, as a video would be necessary to get a refund and I would not spent some of the unlock trials allowed by the phone.

Taking all of this into consideration, I would recommend this service to a friend.