If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.

Guest's review of Free Unlocks - www.freeunlocks.com

Free Unlocks - www.freeunlocks.com

“If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.”

Written on: 13/01/2013

This is a review of Free Unlocks.

The phone is a Telus phone locked to Telus. I paid full price through PayPal because, unless I missed one, all of the "free" offers cost money upfront. I didn't want to risk committing to a continuing "relationship" with one of the "free" offer companies. After I paid, receipt of the unlock code took about 20 minutes which is very acceptable.

I inserted a Rogers SIM card and, even though the phone accepted the unlock code and stated that it was unlocked, it didn't reboot automatically, it had to be rebooted by removing the battery. Then I tried using it with a working Rogers SIM from another phone, it wouldn't allow any calls or text messages to be sent. I retried unlocking with another Rogers SIM card which had expired, it was inactive, and the phone accepted the unlock code and stated that it was unlocked but the exact same problem occurred, it wasn't actually unlocked although the phone stated it was unlocked. I have another phone, which is running with a WIND Mobile SIM on the WCDMA band which Telus and Rogers don't use for voice communication. The SIM also enables GSM roaming on the Rogers network. I put the WIND Mobile SIM into the Telus locked phone and entered the unlock code. The phone responded that it was unlocked and rebooted automatically into Android which it didn't do before. I was able to turn off the phone normally then installed the Rogers SIM which is authorized and was able to make phone calls, etc. I don't know why the WIND Mobile SIM card worked to enable successfully unlocking the phone but it worked when Rogers SIM cards didn't. Maybe Telus phones hate Rogers or vice-versa.