I wish I could say it was better

trevourblac's review of FoneFunShop Ltd www.fonefunshop.co.uk

FoneFunShop Ltd www.fonefunshop.co.uk

“I wish I could say it was better”

Written on: 19/12/2012 by trevourblac (1 review written)

I was excited when I found Fone Fun Shop as I was desperately looking for a solution to unlock my iPhone 5 which is locked to O2-UK. I knew they were a legitimate company since they have an actual store and offer other services besides unlocking (its easy to fall for scams when you're looking to unlock an iPhone). I also read a review on this site by a gentleman who unlocked his iPhone 5 with Fone Fun Shop which killed any remaining skepticism I had.

When I ordered, the site said turnaround was 1-5 business days so I waited patiently, but sometime over the weekend I had noticed that they weren't able to do iPhone unlocks anymore. So I logged on to the live chat on their website to find out if my order was to be processed as normal. I spoke to two gentleman. The first one simply logged on and said "ok...what's your question" apparently I wasn't typing fast enough for him because as I was typing he logged off with no warning. Maybe a bad internet connection? The second gentleman seemed helpful in the beginning but then his answers became vague and he left some of my questions unanswered. At some point he asked for my IMEI number but didn't say what he wanted it for or what he planned to do with it. Then he too logged off abruptly without first asking if I felt my query was sufficiently resolved (isnt that customer service 101?). So i had to enter live chat for the third time to get my question answered. I was connected to the same gentleman and this time he just seemed to grow frustrated with me. At this point I felt none too pleased with the level of service but felt I was happy to let the pending unlock run its course just so I could have my iphone work on a local network while I'm abroad. Later that evening I received an email that they weren't able to unlock my phone. I was upset that I couldn't get this thing I'd been waiting for but relieved I wasn't spending my money with this company.

I don't think they're all that bad. If you don't have to deal with their customer service guys you'll probably be fine, but in good faith I simply can't recommend them. I do wish I could have had a better experience with them though.

Fonefunshop's Response to trevourblac's Review

Written on: 22/01/2013

hi,

iphone 5 o2 service went down around the time you ordered it, but we did not know, if we knew we would have cancelled it straight away, for this i am sorry

B2335912's reply to Fonefunshop's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2013

LOL, but service still working... And o2 still doesn't let any unlocks for iphone 5

B2335912's reply to Fonefunshop's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2013

LOL, you are still selling this one service while o2 are not allowing to unlock iphone 5...

Phiebs's reply to Fonefunshop's Comment

Written on: 26/02/2013

Is the o2 service back?? I need to unlock my iP5 on o2 ASAP... Please advise before I waste more time with your company...

Fonefunshop's reply to Phiebs's Comment

Written on: 09/04/2013

no its still offline at the time i make this post, but if it comes back we will put it back online on this page: http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/iphone

Phiebs's reply to Fonefunshop's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2013

It's ok, I just bought an R-SIM 7+ and it lets you use any sim with any locked iphone :-)

Fonefunshop's reply to Phiebs's Comment

Written on: 30/05/2013

all o2 services are up and running again should you need to unlock your iPhone 5, 4s, 4, 3gs, 3g

the price ahs also been reduced too