Repair failed 3 times

antandcharmi's review of FoneFunShop Ltd www.fonefunshop.co.uk

FoneFunShop Ltd www.fonefunshop.co.uk

“Repair failed 3 times”

Written on: 13/01/2012 by antandcharmi (7 reviews written)

My Nokia's screen cracked, (and after handing it in at Teddington Essentials and getting a cheap screen which did not last long, I searched the net for a more reliable service) and in the end sent it to FoneFunShop to be replaced. I requested a genuine part.
Fault 1. When I got it back, the buttons under the screen did not respond.
I sent it back to them, and they claimed that the pad under the buttons must have been damaged as well, but replaced it free of charge.
Fault 2. When I got it back the second time, the buttons still did not work properly.
Fault 3. I also noticed that the screen could not be viewed except from directly in front whereas the orginal Nokia screen allowed a much wider viewing angle.
I sent it to the shop for the 3rd time, at my own cost again, and they adjusted the pad so that the keys nearly worked right.
Fault 4. They ignored my request to verify that it was a genuine part.
I realised that it was no use my trying to get things corrected with the shop, and that I was only losing money posting the phone to them every time.
I was extremely disappointed because my phone felt clumsy, often did not respond to a button press, or did a double press, with unfortunate consequences, and it was very distressing to use after this.
Fault 5! Worst of all, 6 months later, my screen cracked all by itself! I went to sleep with the phone alright and woke up with it having a crack in the corner - and I hadn't been drunk or anything!
*******
Sum up
*******
So after all my expenses, up to half the value of the phone, I am back where I started, and have decided to go to Nokia and pay the full price, which, surprisingly, is no more expensive at nokia.com/gb-en/support/contact/care-point-finder!!!

I have also given 'Layout of Shop' a 1/5 because even though I used the internet to get their service, their communication, though prompt, was terrible and unhelpful.

BTW see also the same shoip has reviews under search term \"fone fun shop\" (ie with spaces between the words) and there it rates much worse than here under \"fonefunshop\"

Guest's Response to antandcharmi's Review

Written on: 03/05/2012

i have used these guys many times for repairs, and never had a problem.

6 months later your screen cracked !!! what a joke !!

would you say the same for your windscreen to autoglass?

maybe if you hadnt used this store in teddington you would have had a better job, sounds like they messed up your phone, and fone funshop were making a silk purse from a pigs ear.

Antandcharmi's Response to antandcharmi's Review

Written on: 03/05/2012

Guest, glad to hear you had good service. Add your review so that people can see it.
As for my review, I think the proof of the pudding is that Nokia have fixed it 100% and it's still as good as ever now.
Without prejudice, fonefunshop gave me a bad part, workmanship and service, and the keys were only wrong after they worked in it. I have to tell it like it is. After reading your review, people can decide for themselves.