Mobile phone repairs

smashie22's review of BuzzBox - www.buzz-box.co.uk

BuzzBox - www.buzz-box.co.uk

“Mobile phone repairs”

Written on: 14/02/2012 by smashie22 (6 reviews written)

I took my iPhone 4 in Buzz Box to have it repaired (here's the quote they came up with)

It was dropped and the internal speaker had broken so I couldn't hear people when they called and they couldn't hear me. Everything else was working fine and this was the only problem. I took it in on the 9th of February and was told it would be repaired the following day or Saturday, even though the estimated date of repair would be on the 23rd according to the quote. I did express how important the phone is to me and a quick repair was required. On the Saturday I was told that it wont be ready until Monday or Tuesday. On Tuesday I received an email from them (see bottom of the image) - After reading this I promptly phoned and agreed to come to the shop with my laptop and back up my data. On arrival I was told it was a wasted journey as they had already backed it up. I then ask how the repair is coming along and if it's ready, 'no its still with the engineer, we will call you when its ready'. Today, the 14th, I went into the shop and was told it was still with the engineer. I told them that I have now lost confidence in their ability to provide a repair service and that I wish to take my phone and take it elsewhere. They told me that it was in bits and I could take it as is if I wanted to. I then asked if they would go the extra mile and put it back together, 'leave a contact number and we will phone you when its back together again'. This I told them was unacceptable as I had lost all faith, so give it back to me in bits I said. This was promptly done and my iPhone was now in bits in a plastic bag! I then took it to another repair centre and they re assembled it, apart from one piece that was missing. Now that it has been re assembled the screen that was perfectly fine before repair had now been broken. He told me, 'where it connects to the motherboard the connector has been roughly handled and probably ruined the motherboard aswell. This probably means a new phone now. All the stalling in the shop now makes sense.