Two Tariff Increases already in a single contract period

• Tariff Features

Jaychez's review of O2 On & On

“Two Tariff Increases already in a single contract period”

Written on: 27/01/2014 by Jaychez (8 reviews written)

Be aware that it seems although you sign a contract for 24th months and choose your phone and a tariff based on what you can afford.

O2 can & will increase there tariff costs, using the cost of inflation as an excuse. Here is a snippet from the email they sent me, it was the same last year as well.

"with the current Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation at 2.7%, the cost of everything is going up. As a result, we're adjusting the price of your tariff in line with RPI. This means when you get your March 2014 bill, it will be updated from £xx to £xx.

Apparently they are doing it to, I quote "At O2, we want you to have the best digital experience possible. That's why we're always investing in the best technology"

Am I the only one who ends up paying extra again when I subscribe to these so called new O2 mobile services"

But apparently all is not lost, according to O2 "Exciting times ahead"

They look forward to bringing us more great value for money services and all the latest technology, including:

O2 Gurus - Haven't we already got this?

Priority Moments - Hmm yes this is also an existing service of which ive never found to be that great.

Priority Tickets - Another existing feature.

O2 Wifi - hotspots. Another existing feature.

4G - Well correct me if I'm wrong but when it does finally cover a higher percentage of the UK, wont we be charged extra for this as well ?

The O2 head of consumer marketing finishes off his email to me by reassuring me that "we won't stop there. We're going to keep on bringing you even more value and exciting technology. Just watch this space."

Well I would like to thank their Head of Consumer Marketing for ensuring that we pay more for what we have already got.

Maybe all mobile companies are the same but be aware even if you think your picking a fixed tariff with O2, your not.

• Over 1 Year