Lies & zero sympathy

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

SimonCarlsson's review of Vodafone

“Lies and zero sympathy”

Written on: 12/04/2014 by SimonCarlsson (1 review written)

I'm an immigrant who came to Ireland a few months ago. First I had a phone number on o2 but due to rude customer service I changed. There just had to be better alternatives. Boy, was I wrong.

I signed up for a 30 day contract on Vodafone in their store on Pavilions, Swords. Since I had urgent matters to attend to involving calls back to Sweden, I wanted foreign calls for a good price. So I took a contract and the salesman didn't inform me that the international minutes wouldn't be available for me until 4 days later. So I added an additional 10€ in vain and instead I made international calls for a regular price. The salesman didn't see it fit to inform a newcomer to this country that an addon service won't be available till several days later. He told me the port in from o2 would happen within an hour or so, but didn't see it fit to tell me that I would in fact be calling with an expensive rate.

But nope, it didn't stop there. The salesman in the Pavilion Vodafone shop didn't check my signature so he put the wrong name on the contract. When I called customer support they couldn't help me because I apparently was the wrong person. Readers, how do you like a company to handle your sensitive personal information? Someone who wants to gain information about you and your life and possibly loved ones walk into a shop and will be able to port over your number to someone else because the staff don't care about who's asking? I walked into the Pavilion store again and told them what customer service had told me (I apparently need to tell the store how to do their job). Upload a new contract with my name written on it. The staff didn't apologize or see much wrong with all of this. And of course they didn't get it right the first time. I had to make a second detour after my job to make sure the staff could read and write properly.

I called to cancel my account in late february and was told I would be getting a punishment fee of sorts or whatever you want to call it. I accepted that. Just to get rid of this affiliation with a company that puts Ireland to shame. Later on I wanted to port my number over to operator 3. I called Vodafone back but apparently they hadn't cancelled the subscription after all. This was now in late march I think and as of 24th of march I called and cancelled the account after having to have an argument with a service agent who said it was common knowledge that contracts only come into effect several days later even though the port in just takes a few hours. I said I still wanted to cancel it.

At 2nd of April I got a bill from Vodafone again then covering up to 24th of April. I called them and they insisted that this was the last bill. Priceless. I asked them if I could have it refunded out of goodwill since previous agent told me explicitly that I hadn't used the account on Vodafone since the late of february. But nope, the customer support agent doesn't offer to remove the bill.

Stay away from Vodafone. I've worked as a support agent for two major phone companies in Sweden and so far I'm happy with Meteor here in Ireland. 3 were also good in terms of customer care but not in coverage. Vodafone is the worst customer service experience of my entire life.

• Vodafone store, Pavilions, Swords