No Customer Loyalty

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Mand1326's review of Vodafone

“No Customer Loyalty”

Written on: 05/02/2014 by Mand1326 (4 reviews written)

I was with Vodafone for 10 years and upgraded in December to a 4G contract. Only problem was I couldn't ever get 4G signal. After numerous calls to the call centre, re-sets, remote re-sets, visits in store for them to do re-sets, it was suggested my phone might be duff. I asked in store if I could change the handset. Was told yes, but as the colour I wanted was out of stock, I'd have to wait til the next week. This would have taken me outside my 7 day no quibble return/cancellation period. I asked if this could be extended due to the problems I was having. The staff member said No and that as I lived near one hospital and worked near to another, this is probably why I had no signal and it was probably not the phone at all. He suggested I might try another provider. I'm not sure if he was being helpful or if I was 'sacked' from Vodafone?! Either way, the calls to their cancellation dept. were interesting as they then offered me extensions to the 7 days etc. but it was too late, I'd had enough.
Not to mention the staff member who told me that a payment I'd made was my last and to prove it SHE would cancel my DD...only to receive another 'final bill' for a different amount that I would be charged a bank fee for, as the DD had been cancelled so Vodafone couldn't take their money. Despite having put this fact in writing, I've received no acknowledgement (sent 1st class, signed for!) One staff member said I'd paid line rental to January 2014 so would be due a refund, another said same amount was for Dec 2013 so I owed money! In hindsight, I'm pleased they were rubbish as it reinforces that I made the right decision in going to EE (who have been brilliant!!)

• Watford INTU