Website Prices 6 Months Out Of Date

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Julieh206's review of Post office

“Website Prices 6 Months Out Of Date”

Written on: 27/08/2014 by Julieh206 (1 review written)

I have recently tried to post a Large Letter under 100gm at Portishead PO. I had previously done my homework by looking up the prices online. The Post Office were advertising - and still are there.

that under 100 gm this letter goes for £1.79 2nd cl signed for and £2.00 1st cl signed for.

So I fronted up with my £1.79 to be told that I would be charged £1.83 for the priveledge. When I asked why I was given a brochure put out on 31st Mar 2014 with Royal Mail logo on it which indeed stated that the price was £1.83. After several lengthy phone calls it transpires that although the Post Office and Royal Mail have rather incestuous complaints procedures, they are quick to tell you that they are in fact separate businesses.

I raised a compliant No: 1-3129545485 with the Post Office, specifically Andrea Delea in St Helens on 26-8-14 pointing out that they were 'misrepresenting' the price of their supplier's product, the supplier here being Royal Mail, for all signed for letters in all weight classes. She sounded doubtfull so I gave them the URL of the webpage which had the incorrect prices and told them what the prices should actually be. I informed them that these prices had most likely been out of date, as in not updated, since the RM price rise in April 2014.

I was asuured a call back regarding the complaint but it was not forthcoming, so I rang them again and was told that the prices had been checked and found to be correct. I spoke again to Gordon at St Helens who displayed a similar lack of interest again assuring me that a manager would be in touch when he had the time. I am still awaiting this call.

I made the point to both organisations, that if the PO were incompetent and incapable of correctly representing the Royal Mail prices then they should delete them from their website and simply have one version - the correct one - maintained by the Royal Mail. Again the PO seemed completely and utterly disinterested. So I can only say, if you are looking for UK postal prices DO NOT use the Post Office website use the Royal Mail website in preference. I have to say that the person I spoke to at The Royal Mail was friendly, on the ball, and realised the significance of what I was reporting.

I also made the point that both websites are far too complicated for the simple task of displaying prices. This can be done in 16 rows and 9 columns in and excel spreadsheet and it is far easier to compare prices by size in this way. Additionally price increases can be simply achieved by indexing all prices by the desired %age ensuring that none are overlooked.

• Portishead Post Office